Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Why are you running?

My Answer:
Someone has to clear up the mess at City Hall and I believe that I have the experience and the determination required to do it.  While I feel all issues are important, the future of transit is a top priority.  Watson has declared that any other program, either or new or existing, cannot be accommodated or financed as LRT will use up all of Ottawa's money.

Both Watson and O'Brien are endorsing street cars with ugly overhead wires called LRT and taking this approach will bankrupt the City.  I support Bus Rapid Transit which requires only the addition of a downtown tunnel.  BRT will result in a superior system at no cost to the taxpayer given transportation grants already received by both the provincial and federal governments.  My opponents’ position appears to be “to heck with the taxpayer” and this was so financially and morally irresponsible to me that it prompted me to seek office.

No comments:

Post a Comment