Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2nd Mayoral Debate



I was fortunate enough to be invited to participate in the 2nd Mayoral debate hosted by the Kanata Chamber of Commerce.  I would like to thank them for this opportunity, and their efforts in organizing the evening.

The turn out of citizens interested in the future of Ottawa was impressive and I am pleased to see that they were willing to take time out of their busy lives to attend this event.

The future of our city depends on your involvement and it was apparent to me that Kanata is taking this election seriously.  This showed in the quality and diversity of your questions.  I for one thank you for your interest.

Below is a video of my opening remarks, available to those of you who were not able to attend.

As always please feel free to leave comments, questions or opinions by selecting the comment button below this post.  You can be assured I will address any issue that may concern you.

Andy Haydon

4 comments:

  1. Hello Andy

    Do you know if the Orion VII Hybrid diesel - electric busses that the city has have enough battery capacity to run through a ~ 2-3 km downtown tunnel with the diesel off?? What about a ' Tribrid' bus (Orion VII style hybrid with a trolley) The trolley would be used to supply power to the bus in the tunnel and/or grade separated transit-way. Power rails or inductive coupling could also supply power.

    A google search of Hybrid Bus and Trolley Bus will show that MODERN Rapid Transit Busses are starting to replace trams/streetcars in terms of filling the capacity gap between traditional low capacity bus routes and high capacity metro. As you say, these modern rapid transit busses look like trams with wheels.

    GRP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I don't know what comment to make. Given what you said, why would anyone want LRT? Please give me BRT and save my tax dollars!!

    I'll never understand why someone would vote for a Liberal (Watson) no matter what cost to the City and the taxpayer. Why can't people vote with their heads and not their heart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day Andy.

    Signs,signs we need lawn signs. Visibility in the real world, is as important as the virtual world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for telling Hybrid Bus and Trolley Bus search on Google. I am going to do a search.
    I know signs are important, however we are asking supporters to be walking signs. Talk to your friends, neighbours, Facebook and Twitter to share your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete